RE: [Xen-users] Recovering resources from old guests

To: "xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Recovering resources from old guests
From: Matej Zary <zary@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Apr 2010 22:53:36 +0200
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 13:54:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

maybe I'm following this thread incorrectly, but - these old tap:aio: guest VMs
had file based HDD images right? In that case they were stored probably on some
of the LVs. So if you deleted the img files, the free space increased on that
particular LVs. But that particular LVs are still the same size as they were
before (just there's more free space on them), so they still "occupy" the same
number of PE (physical extents), so number of free/unallocated PE will remain
also the same. If you want more free/unallocated space in your VG, you have to
shrink or remove some of the existing LVs.

In case I missed the point completly - I'm sorry. :)

Regards

Matej