Re: [Xen-users] vga passthrough status / probability of success?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] vga passthrough status / probability of success?
From: Ady Deac <ady@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2010 08:35:34 +0300
Delivery-date: Mon, 05 Apr 2010 22:36:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Jeremy,

I am not doing HVM. Actually, I'm not sure if it will work with that. I am simply doing paravirtualization. It's all I need, actually.

What hardware do you have failing?

Regards,
Adrian

Jeremy Blosser wrote:
On Apr 05, Ady Deac [ady@xxxxxxxxxxx] wrote:
Hi,

I have successfully setup an so-called multi-head Xen setup. The primary video adapter is being used by the dom0 to run a mythtv frontend, while a second adapter (nvidia) was assigned to a domU with a dom0 (privileged guest) kernel with PCI passtrough. It works great, even the hardware acceleration. ... Not sure why it is deprecated? I can confirm it is running smoothly on my computer.

What are you doing to get that kind of passthrough in current xen?  Are
you at least doing hvm or is that with a paravirtualized guest??

Thanks.

Still hoping to hear from others on the upcoming stuff as well, I would
like to get this stuff ordered ASAP to replace failing other hardware.

Deac Mihai-Adrian

W: www.mikesoftware.com
P: +40-745-256.364