Re: [Xen-users] AoE vs iSCSI

On 3/18/2010 11:37 AM, Grant McWilliams wrote:
>     This is getting a bit off-topic for a Xen list, I'm afraid.
>     -Jeff
> I don't think so, this is very useful information for those of us about
> to roll out SANs to our Xen clouds.
> Grant McWilliams

  Obviously, I agree with Grant. I think SAN and Xen are two pieces of the
whole puzzle.
Xen can reduce or remove your service availability's tie to a particular CPU,
but by
itself cannot remove the tie to a particular piece of storage. SAN seems to the
be the
best way to achieve that goal and achieve the reliability goal. Obviously most
people are
concerned with money, space and resource limitations, so the choice of iSCSI
versus AoE is
a big deal in getting the best bang for your infrastructure investment.