[Xen-users] Windows Sound

To: <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Windows Sound
From: "Russ Purinton" <rpurinton@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 09:57:28 -0400
Delivery-date: Thu, 18 Mar 2010 07:00:48 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi All, I've got a CentOS server (with no sound card) with Xen running Windows Server 2003 in Full Virtualization.  The Server is running MS Terminal Services.  I'm trying to get sound working for remote users (so they can listen to voicemails that come in their email).   In past experience, with MS TS you have to get the physical sound card in the server working first, then the RDP audio driver will work properly when users connect in.   So I'm trying to get the server to think it's soundcard is working.   I have set my VM config to have sound in es1370 mode.  The Windows server sees a "Multimedia Audio Controller" showing up under Unknown Devices in Device Manager.   I cannot find any drivers that seem to work for this.  Does anyone have experience getting Windows sound to work under Xen?  Thanks in Advance!