Re: [Xen-users] XCP - Need help with VMWare to XCP migration

To: James Troup <james@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] XCP - Need help with VMWare to XCP migration
From: Erich <soundy@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 23:04:19 -0500
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Feb 2010 20:05:29 -0800
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:in-reply-to:references :date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=VTdTZonyfQJeTbKIZXeBI6n3EgqICZQJGd650HJ1lAg=; b=jBWP9H9i9+bvbiHIH+wHxesrdmQDaSN8TDbsKNrCBqsXU4s6zNzfDJ5y8WRbTeEJQX 5Ac6DzCC9yU010Lbb+B7xGGRCmJ0qQbGBH13fLBy/XZvJaGUcvv5LOzmboL4Nog0Qi6L L25fDLruYC4mMSKwLofF5I6Obw2JI3b+iHkrc=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ok, I just decided to try XenServer instead of XCP. I'm reconverting the VMWare image.  Does the VMDK> VHD conversion process in XenConvert also import the disk into XenServer, or is that a manual process?  I specified a local workspace for the image - should this be a remote address on the XenServer?

I do understand that I'll probably have to roll up my sleeves and learn some CLI.

Thanks for the help.