Re: [Xen-users] Xen Installation on Fedora

On Fri, Feb 19, 2010 at 4:30 AM, kishore kumar <bodkekumar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I make a bootable USB drive and copy the Image of Xen to the USB,

what "image of Xen"?
there's xen hypervisor
there's domU OS templates
there's XCP
there's Linux distro with Xen support

> plugin the
> USB key to my Hardware and boot the board with the Hypervisor Image.
>
> (Is dd command that I need to use to make the bootable USB and edit the grub
> file to boot the Xen Image?)

You seem to be confusing a lot of stuff. Since you're familiar enough
with Fedora, and want to boot with USB, I suggest you start with
installing RHEL/Centos5 to a USB disk, choose Virtualization during
installation, and possibly gnome desktop if you want to manage the
server directly from server. After installation completes, you should
be able to run virt-manager, which is a simple GUI frontend to manage
Xen.

Note that you need a large-enough room for the OS, so you should start
with using USB disk. Small (i.e. 1G) USB keys won't do.

--
Fajar