Re: [Xen-users] icmp problem on

To: Oliver Rojo <orojo@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] icmp problem on
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 17:59:56 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 03:01:36 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Tue, Feb 16, 2010 at 5:50 PM, Oliver Rojo <orojo@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I can ping remote IP addresses but I couldn't ping domains such as google.com
> unless I do clear my shorewall rules on dom0. I'm using bridging by the way.

So you're able to ping google's IP address directly?
If yes, sounds like shorewall is blocking DNS queries from domUs. You
need to allow that, as by default iptables will not only filter dom0's
traffic, but also bridged traffic from domUs.

An alternative would be to set
/proc/sys/net/bridge/bridge-nf-call-iptables to 0, which should make
iptables ignore bridged traffic.

--
Fajar