Re: [Xen-users] xen lenny 3.2.1, setting serial output prevents linux i

To: Martin Kraus <lists_mk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen lenny 3.2.1, setting serial output prevents linux init to start
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2010 10:19:05 +0700
Cc: xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Feb 2010 19:19:40 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:03 AM, Martin Kraus <lists_mk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm using pretty much the same settings except for first serial port
> (com1,ttyS0).

Where did you tell getty to spawn? console? ttyS0? tty0?
Try setting it to console only. IIRC the setting above will make xen
takeover the serial port, making it unaccessible directly to dom0.
Perhaps some part of your init script is trying to write to ttyS0,
which is unavailable, thus causing the problem you mentioned.

--
Fajar