Re: [Xen-users] Heavy Dom0 traffic stops network

Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

The thing is you're using a (very) old version of kernel-xen, and the
problem is probably fixed in current versions.
I'd suggest you start with testing latest 2.6.18 kernel from xen.org,
or (if you're a bit lazy) grab a copy of RHEL5's kernel-xen rpm,
extract it somewhere, and copy the contents of /boot and /lib to your
system.

It's taken me this long to squeeze up the disk usage and move a customer facing web server to another host. I installed linux-image-2.6.26-2-xen-686 today (it was the easiest step for me, just apt-get the package), and so far it appears that the problem is significantly reduced.

I've been doing a transfer, while also running wireshark in an SSH seesion on the DomU - it's taken a couple of minutes for the session to spit all the text out after the transfer finished. So I think there is significant buffering going on, but it doesn't completely kill stuff like it was (pings just go up to a few ms, instead of stopping altogether) - so it will do for now.

--
Simon Hobson

WANTED: "Software CD ROM Kit" for Canon CLBP 360-PS printer (Canon part no RH6-3612, or possibly RH6-3810, or RH6-3610 might do). I've a dead HD and need this CD so I can replace the disk and re-install the printer OS on it. If anyone knows where I might get hold of one I'd be grateful - requests to Canon drew a blank, it's been out of support for years. Alternatively, if anyone has one of these and would let me image their hard disk ...