[Xen-users] Xen-server partition layout

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen-server partition layout
From: Ryan Zwankhuizen <ryanz@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 12:54:02 +0200
Delivery-date: Tue, 09 Feb 2010 02:53:49 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

We are just about to setup and run our first Xen installation and I need some advice on the setup to ensure we start off correctly.

This is what we have:
Hardware: Core i7 Server with 8GB Ram and 1TB Hard Drive on Hardware RAID
Base OS: CentOS 5.4 x86_64

This is what we intend doing with the server:
We intend running a Xen Server with guests that are made up of Plesk 9.x Linux, Plesk 9.x Windows and some other related services.

What is the suggested partition table layout that needs to be setup with the base installation so that we are correctly setup to move forward with the above mentioned guest setups?

For example, on a 1TB drive system do we start like this or do we need to do it differently to prevent obstacles and difficulties in future:

/boot   100MB
/swap   16GB
/ tmp   8GB
/       100GB