[Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.2 hypervisor crash, Cannot access me

To: Gabor Szilagyi <szilagyi@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Xen 3.4.2 hypervisor crash, Cannot access memory beyond end of bootstrap direct-map area, Unknown interrupt
From: Keir Fraser <keir.fraser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 16:40:54 +0000
Cc: Martin Kraus <lists_mk@xxxxxxxxxxx>, "xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <xen-devel@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Thiago Camargo Martins Cordeiro <thiagocmartinsc@xxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Fri, 29 Jan 2010 08:42:24 -0800
Sender: xen-devel-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 29/01/2010 15:50, "Gabor Szilagyi" <szilagyi@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> So the bug is only shows up with 32bit hypervisor....not with 64....
> this is why some people could use GRUB2 (most people I guess goes 64bit
> these days...).
>
> Pasi, maybe the above is a good bit for your Wiki pages... would have
> saved me almost 2 weeks tinkering (I tried all kinds of things before
> asking the question here on the list).

If it pushes people to the 64-bit hypervisor then all the better. That is
what gets the lion's share of the testing, and should have better
performance too. But I will help someone get 32-bit Xen working with GRUB2
if they are really stuck and are capable of applying, building and testing
my patches.

 -- Keir