Re: [Xen-users] Memory problems persist... Cannot allocate memory

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Memory problems persist... Cannot allocate memory
From: James Pifer <jep@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 13:36:21 -0500
Delivery-date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 09:36:27 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Hello,
>
> If you set "dom0_mem=4096M" try to set "dom0_min_mem=4096" in xend-config.sxp
> You said that the system ran a long time before showing "can't allocate
> memory"
> it could be a problem with memory fragmentation or a memory leak.
> I saw something about that setting a long time ago, but I always use it.

So you always set the dom0_min_mem equal to what you set the kernel
parameter to? I'll keep that in mind. I can't change anything right now
because I've opened a ticket with Novell and waiting to hear back.

The strange thing right now is, there's free memory in dom0, free memory
in swap, and a lot of free ram in xm (from xm info).

Thanks,
James