Re: [Xen-users] Extremely poor iSCSI performance

To: "Joseph Coleman" <joe.coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Extremely poor iSCSI performance
From: "Nick Couchman" <Nick.Couchman@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 10:46:04 -0700
Delivery-date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:46:53 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I see similar behavior with OCFS2 on my 4 and 2-node clusters.  Usually this
happens when I'm creating a new disk file...since OCFS2 does not support sparse
disks it actually creates the whole disk, and I often see large hangs while
this is happening.  I suspect that OCFS2 is the cause - I think something about
the file locking on the OCFS2 cluster causes this.

-Nick

>>> On 2010/01/22 at 08:28, Joseph Coleman <joe.coleman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>>> wrote:

> Hi all not sure if anyone can help  but I have an OCFS2 volume setup on my 4
> xen  nodes. If you do like 4  cp copies to the iscsi volume the systems pause
> for up to 30 seconds as well as the VM itself. The San looks fine and I am
> not taxing the xen server either anyone else seen this?

--------
This e-mail may contain confidential and privileged material for the sole use
of the intended recipient.  If this email is not intended for you, or you are
not responsible for the delivery of this message to the intended recipient,
please note that this message may contain SEAKR Engineering (SEAKR)
Privileged/Proprietary Information.  In such a case, you are strictly
prohibited from downloading, photocopying, distributing or otherwise using this
message, its contents or attachments in any way.  If you have received this
message in error, please notify us immediately by replying to this e-mail and
delete the message from your mailbox.  Information contained in this message
that does not relate to the business of SEAKR is neither endorsed by nor
attributable to SEAKR.