[Xen-users] Setting an interface on domu to receive all traffic for the

To: "'xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Setting an interface on domu to receive all traffic for the host machine
From: Varun Nair <vnair@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 17:12:36 -0500
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Thu, 21 Jan 2010 14:13:22 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi,

I am new to xen and needed some help doing a networking setup on xen. I am using a Centos host with the xen modules installed. I have created a dom1 which contains another centos machine. I want the interface eth1 of dom1 to receive all traffic that is seen for eth0 on the physical machine. The interfaces of dom1 are bridged to xenbr0. I have set eth1 to promiscuous mode on dom1. On doing an ifconfig on the host machine I find all interfaces on the bridge have a multicast mac address of  FE:FF:FF:FF:FF:FF.

To test, I have tried manually spraying traffic on eth0 of the host using tcpreplay and do not see it on eth1 of dom1. However when I spray traffic using tcpreplay on xenbr0, I see traffic on eth1 of dom1. I have tried playing around with the promiscuous option for the vif connected to eth1 of dom1. That did not help.

I was hoping someone could give me some direction with this.

Thanks

varun