Re: [Xen-users] pv_ops domU crashes on pv_ops dom0 (directly at boot)

To: Markus Schuster <ml@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] pv_ops domU crashes on pv_ops dom0 (directly at boot)
From: Jeremy Fitzhardinge <jeremy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:40:55 -0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 14:41:30 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 01/20/2010 02:08 PM, Markus Schuster wrote:
Sorry, forgot to mention that the 32bit PAE domU I spoke about earlier has 3
VCPUs attached and is booting/working fine. So I suspect the bug somewhere in
64bit SMP support?

Perhaps. The backtrace appears to be completely in generic code, so the bug is likely the result of a side-effect of different initialization order, or perhaps something that the Xen SMP code isn't setting up that native does. Unfortunately these kinds of implicit state dependency bugs can be tricky to track down, and the fact that you appear to be the only person seeing this suggests that it is also config dependent.