Re: [Xen-users] Questions on qcow, qcow2 versus LVM

On Mon, January 4, 2010 1:20 pm, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:
> That's wrong :)
> The commands to sfdisk were intended to automatically create one
> partition table, where you can use kpartx later. Basically it replace
> parted with sfdisk. Instead, you do mkfs on /dev/VolGroupVM/testvm
> directly?
>
> You got two choices:
> (1) mkfs directly on /dev/VolGroupVM/testvm.
> In this scenario you won't need kpartx or sfdisk. It'd be better if
> you assign the LV directly as xvda1 (or hda1/sda1) instead of what you
> did now (assign it as xvda).
>
> (2) back to your original setup, replacing parted with sfdisk.
> In this case the sfdisk command line becames
>
> echo "1,,L,*" | sfdisk /dev/VolGroupVM/testvm
>
> Note how I didn't escape the quote. verify that the partition table
> gets created correctly afterwards (see my previous mail), then you
> stilll need to do kpartx like you did in your original script.

Thanks - I thought I'd missed something.

The commands I dragged out of my ruby script, so the quotes aren't really
being escaped, I just forgot to take them out before sending the mail :)

I'll add the kpartx command back in after the call to sfdisk and try again.

Thanks again,

Matt.