Re: [Xen-users] openqrm on Xen-Dom0

To: Werner Schweizer <W.Schweizer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] openqrm on Xen-Dom0
From: Thomas Halinka <lists@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 10:28:50 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 04 Jan 2010 01:29:34 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi Werner,

Am Samstag, den 02.01.2010, 19:18 +0100 schrieb Werner Schweizer:
> I have installed openQRM on a Xen dom0 (OpenSuse 11.2, Xen 3.4.1).
>
> When I try to start the openQRM-server I get the message:
>
> -----
> Starting the openQRM-server ver. 4.5
> Interface eth0 has the wrong ip-configuration.
>         The openQRM-server is configured to have the ip-address selinux=0
>         but the interface eth0 is running with the ip-address
> -----
>
> I'm not sure if this is a problem of openQRM or XEN.

Its not a real Problem....

openQRM assumes that eth0 is the default interface as defined in config
(openqrm-server.conf). By default it uses eth0 - so i assume in your
case it should be xenbr0?

Just set OPENQRM_SERVER_INTERFACE=xenbr0 and install openQRM.

If you already installed openqrm you have to alter the ip manually,
first in tftpd:

# vim /usr/lib/openqrm/tftpboot/pxelinux.cfg/default

--
e.g.
append ramdisk...... id=-1 openqrm=$YOURIP selinux=0

and in the mysql-DB itself.

# mysql -u root

| use mysql
| update `resource_info set `resource_openqrmserver`= '$YOURIP',
`resource_ip`= '$YOURIP' where `resource_info`.`resource_id`=0 LIMIT 1;

restart openqrm-server and it should work....

> Before this installation I tried it successfully on a domU.

which had eth0 ;-)

> Therefore I'm asking here: what is special on dom0?

the name of the default Interface....

> Is anyone here who is willing to share his experiance?
>
> MfG
> Werner

hth,

Thomas