Re: [Xen-users] strange i/o hangs on debian lenny guests

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] strange i/o hangs on debian lenny guests
From: Chris 'Xenon' Hanson <xenon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 13:00:41 -0700
Delivery-date: Wed, 18 Nov 2009 12:03:21 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
John Madden wrote:
> I haven't seen this on the list before but I'm wondering if anyone else
> has experienced this or has any ideas on what I'm finding to be very
> strange (and bad) i/o behavior.  I have soft hangs on four Debian lenny
> guests backed by LVM that I can trigger reliably with bonnie++ by
> running it and then firing off something in another session that isn't
> cached and thus has to go to disk (like running 'who' instead of 'w').
>
> This is on a CentOS 5.4 hypervisor, Debian 5 domU with 1GB memory, 2
> vcpu's, single LVM phy: disk.

  I think I had some similar trouble until I upgraded my DomU's kernel to
something newer
than what I had previously been using. What exact kernel is your DomU using and
where did
it come from? How about your DomU?

  See my thread "Ubuntu 8.04 DomU crash" on 5/12/2009 6:25 AM.