Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to Backup and Restore MBR within Logical Volume

To: "Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)" <space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Re: How to Backup and Restore MBR within Logical Volumes?
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 17:02:14 +0700
Cc: "Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora." <fedora-list@xxxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Fedora Xen <fedora-xen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 12 Nov 2009 02:04:03 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:52 PM, Mr. Teo En Ming (Zhang Enming)
<space.time.universe@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Now I can proceed with writing the
> backup and restore script for my Fedora 11 Dom0 (all partitions using LVM2
> logical volumes) and all of my Xen virtual machines (contained in logical
> volumes).

A reminder though: don't forget to create a "consistent", unchanging
version of domU storage before doing backup. Either by shutting down
domU, or by creating LVM snapshot first.

Also, if it comes to Windows domUs, I find ntfsclone is better than
fsarchiver. One of the reasons is that fsarchiver can not create
compressed files during restore.

--
Fajar