RE: [Xen-users] WinXP + PV driver does not reboot

To: "Marco Tizzoni" <marco.tizzoni@xxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] WinXP + PV driver does not reboot
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Nov 2009 20:40:21 +1100
Delivery-date: Mon, 09 Nov 2009 01:41:31 -0800
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> I've three WinXP machine that after installing PV driver does not
> restart/shutdown anymore. Any suggestion?

Under XP I have seen a few cases where the system asks to be rebooted
before the driver installation is complete.

Do not reboot until the xenvbd driver is loaded. You may need to go into
device manager and scan for new devices to prompt this (it should get
there by itself in the end but it can take a while).

Is the BSoD you are getting an 0x0000007B?

James