Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?

To: Ian Tobin <itobin@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-devel] Re: [Xen-users] Why Xen will deprecated? Is it to old?
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 11:53:40 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 21 Oct 2009 01:54:33 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Oct 21, 2009 at 09:31:46AM +0100, Ian Tobin wrote:
> Are you guys saying you wont be able to compile XEN on the new version of
> Debian ?

Of course you can compile Xen on Debian :)

I guess this thread started about the debian kernel group meeting:
http://lists.debian.org/debian-kernel/2009/10/msg00613.html

.. where they say next stable debian release ("squeeze") will have xen
dom0 kernel using forward-ported xenlinux patches (from novell/opensuse),
and after squeeze release the separate xen dom0 kernel will be removed from
debian,
since by that time the pv_ops dom0 support should be included in the upstream
Linux kernel.

-- Pasi