Re: [Xen-users] working with latest -xen kernel?

To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] working with latest -xen kernel?
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 16 Oct 2009 13:26:50 +0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 15 Oct 2009 23:27:42 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Fri, Oct 16, 2009 at 11:54 AM, Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,
> I have noticed that you have build
> xen-3-4-1-dom0-kernel-2-6-30-rc6-tip-on-top-of-fedora-11. Please help in
> creating VMs it this case. my virt-manager and virt-install are not working.
> and I am following this link to create xen DomUs
> http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/06/10/setup-fedora-11-pv-domu-at-xen-3-4-1-dom0-kernel-2-6-30-rc6-tip-on-top-of-fedora-11/#comment-618

Did you also read his update on that post, linking to
http://bderzhavets.wordpress.com/2009/08/20/setup-libvirt-0-7-0-6-xen-3-4-1-dom0-on-to-fedora-11-64-bit/
?

> this error while running #vncviewer localhost:0
>
> Copyright (C) 2002-2005 RealVNC Ltd.
> Copyright (C) 2000-2006 TightVNC Group
> Copyright (C) 2004-2009 Peter Astrand for Cendio AB
> See http://www.tigervnc.org for information on TigerVNC.
> vncviewer: unable to open display “”

I'd start with running "xm list" and see if your domU is actually
running or not. After that, do something like

netstat -anp | egrep "(:59)(.+)(LISTEN)"

to see if there's any process listening on port 5900+. If a domU was
started and it has a vnc GUI, there should be some qemu-dm process
shown there.

> Also i have some confusion about disk specs what i use are:
> disk = [ 'phy:/dev/loop0,xvda,w' ]
> Cause i am not using lvm. Here is my

Where does loop0 come from? If you're using disk/partition as domU
storage you can simply specify the block device (e.g. /dev/sdb,
/dev/sda4, etc.). If you're using file you can directly use tap:aio.

> my disk specs are right or not? Any suggestions??

I'm guessing you specified the wrong disk and domU didn't start at all.

--
Fajar