[Xen-users] file based domu conversion to lvm

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] file based domu conversion to lvm
From: Mike <systems@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 12:44:17 -0500
Delivery-date: Tue, 13 Oct 2009 10:45:04 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I'm having some problems converting an image based domu to lvm based. This is what I've done so far.

lvcreate -L 5000M -n vmsname /dev/vg0
mkfs.ext3 /dev/vg0/vmsname
lvcreate -L 1000M -n vmsswap /dev/vg0
mkswap /dev/vg0/vmsswap

I then used kpartx to expand/mount the image, and with the new lvm mounted I copied the contents of the image into the lvm. I then dismounted the lvm and the image.

I configured the config as follows

name = "vmsname"
memory = "256"
disk = ['phy:/dev/VolGroup01/vmsname,hda1,w', 'phy:/dev/VolGroup01/vmsname,hda2,w' ]
vif = [ 'bridge=xenbr0', ]
bootloader="/usr/bin/pygrub"
vcpus=1
on_reboot = 'restart'
on_crash = 'restart'

When i try to create the vms it hangs until I control+c it. Anyone have any insight? Thanks in advance.