Re: [Xen-users] xen & iSCSI

To: John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] xen & iSCSI
From: Daniel De Marco <ddm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 17:01:54 -0400
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 14:02:40 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
* John Madden <jmadden@xxxxxxxxxxx> [09/24/2009 16:57]:
> How much memory is available to dom0?  Try scaling it down to the amount
> available in domU.  Caching will throw off i/o numbers.

dom0 and domu are both limited to 1G. I was also watching the disk IO on
the iSCSI server and the numbers were reasonably the same, so I don't
think it is caching.

Doing some more tests I found another problem with this domu, the
network speed with netperf is about 450Mbit/s from this domU to another
machine, while it is 950Mbit/s from dom0 to the other machine. Can this
be related?

Thanks, Daniel.