[Xen-users] Sending DHCP-Offer from DomainU in routed-mode doesn't work

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Sending DHCP-Offer from DomainU in routed-mode doesn't work
From: Patrick Straub <pastraub@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 19:15:22 +0200
Delivery-date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 04:17:28 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,

I'm currently working with Xen in routing mode. So I changed the
xend-config file and changed the mode to:
        (network-script network-route)
        (vif-script vif-route)
So by default, ip_forwarding and prox_arp is now enabled (i checked it)
on eth0.

My config for the domU's looks as follows:
        kernel = "/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.26-2-xen-686"
        ramdisk = "/boot/initrd.img-2.6.26-2-xen-686"
        memory = "512"
        name = "ubuntu2"
        vif = [ 'ip=192.168.0.98, mac=00:01:02:03:04:05,vifname=ub2.0' ]
        disk = ['file:/.../ubuntu.9-04.x86.img,sda1,w']
        root = "/dev/sda1 ro"
        extra = "xencons=tty1

Now when I start the domU domain named ubuntu2 the routes where created
and if I specify the given Ip by myself in the Userdomain everything
works fine and I can connect to the world.

But now I when I'm going to run a DHCP-server on dom0 to handle requests
from the domU's the offers do not even arrive on the vif-Interface of
the domU (named ub2.0)?
And I've no explanation why? I checked the iptables rules, so the
default rules for FORWARDING also DHCP request have been set. (I also
experimented with deleting them, reconfigure and so on) But as it shows
no effect to the DHCP-Request and the fact that I think I should have
seen them at least at the ub2.0 Intefaces I'm thinking that Xen is maybe
blocking the request?

Does anybody know how, why or what is exactly going on there?

Thank you in advance and sorry for my bad english :)