[Xen-users] CentOS Xen Kernel 2.6.18-164 and Gitco Hypervisor 3.3.1 prob

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] CentOS Xen Kernel 2.6.18-164 and Gitco Hypervisor 3.3.1 problem
From: Ian Murray <murrayie@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:40:51 -0700 (PDT)
Delivery-date: Thu, 17 Sep 2009 11:41:39 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s1024; t=1253212851; bh=ldjul5XuXWtmerzGJqqrHpmHTsPsIMojdpUBCgT8WiA=; h=Message-ID:X-YMail-OSG:Received:X-Mailer:Date:From:Subject:To:MIME-Version:Content-Type:Content-Transfer-Encoding; b=LEoxKktweXu/KydGmlCnjKB0/Bv0caUpGwozBzCKywadl0CEdwZr7PrQCd4QrIxCSc6xBejmhtyvzaXmIzZSvivnx0Do6lkXFjthcuaNhsN0NqaxbhFoYRuGneGLHleCOlYy29p65LNEiMuSt8g4RGOkSF7zgVPk9950nyGG8QE=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi All,

I upgraded my Dom0 kernel to the above version during a normal yum update.
After reboot, I got some flashed message about not a proper root and then a
cannot sync error followed by an (almost) immediate reboot. I have no clue
where this is logged, if indeed it is. /var/log/messages has yielded nothing,
but I suspect this is way early in the boot process for that. I will try to
look for a start-up kernel switch to stop it rebooting immediately.

Running the kernel straight had no issues. I was more intent on just getting my
server up so reverted to previous kernel and all was back to normal.

I have already asked on the CentOS list and apparently this kernel is not
having any issues with the hypervisor provided under CentOS.

Whilst I try to get a few more details of exactly what those error messages
were, I thought I would ask see if anybody has anything similar or if they have
the above configuration without issue.

Thanks in advance,

Ian.