Re: [Xen-users] DomU to DomU throughput issue

To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] DomU to DomU throughput issue
From: Pasi Kärkkäinen <pasik@xxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 12:55:16 +0300
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 02:57:03 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 16, 2009 at 02:29:35PM +0530, Fasiha Ashraf wrote:
> Hi
> Is there anyone who has successfully resolved the low throughput problem in
> Guest communication.
> I am using Xen3.4.1 with PV os kernel 2.6.30-rc6-tip On fedora11. While
> running netperf benchmark on guests throughput results are very low
> DomU to DomU    0.29 Mbps
>
> Why is it so? What would be the problem. Is there any issue with fc11
> platform?

- Is domU <-> dom0 slow aswell?
- Is domU <-> internet slow?

- Do you have errors on domU ethX interfaces?
- Do you have errors no dom0 interfaces (pethx, all bridges, all vifs).

- Does domU or dom0 have high CPU-usage? What does "top" show in dom0,
  and in domU?

- What does "xm top" say about CPU usage?

- Do you have errors in the logs? Please check
        - dom0 dmesg
        - dom0 /var/log/messages
        - Xen log: "xm log"
        - Xen dmesg: "xm dmesg"