Re: R: [Xen-users] Debian PV domU on Centos dom0

To: Francesco Gallo <cluster@xxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: R: [Xen-users] Debian PV domU on Centos dom0
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2009 14:43:29 +0700
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Wed, 02 Sep 2009 00:45:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Wed, Sep 2, 2009 at 2:32 PM, Francesco Gallo<cluster@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
> A best pratics to convert HVM debian domU to PV?

If you're asking "is it a best practice to convert HVM domU to PV?",
then I don't know.
It works, but for me it's easier to use debootstrap, and use the
resulting filesystem to create a template (in tar.gz) then create
domUs using that template :D

If you're asking "how to convert HVM debian domU to PV", here's what I
did some time ago for Ubuntu and Centos domU :
http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-users/2009-05/msg00536.html

Debian convert process should be similar to Ubuntu, with the main
difference that Debian uses init instead of upstart. So instead of
creating /etc/event.d/hvc0 (Ubuntu), you need to edit /etc/inittab to
spawn login prompt on hvc0.

Hope that helps.

--
Fajar