Re: [Xen-users] Create dummy VMs

On Tue, Aug 18, 2009 at 10:37 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha<fajar@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Another method is to build a custom initrd, with busybox installed as
> /sbin/init and /bin/sh. That way you only need kernel and initrd for
> PV domU, without the need of a dedicated root filesystem. You might
> have to create the initrd yourself though.

Here's what I made
http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=c98960db77a1ebdf0c814df2efeadc50644bb31d4b4b014b5621d66e282a0ee8#

You can use it using a config file similar to this

#====

memory = "500"
vcpus=1
vif =   ['']

kernel="/boot/bzImage"
ramdisk="/boot/busybox.img"

#====

The kernel is 64bit 2.6.30 pv_ops kernel, with builtin drivers for Xen
devices (disk, network, console).
You could also use your own kernel (tested with RHEL5's kernel-xen),
but since modules aren't available you won't be able to use network
inside domU.

--
Fajar