RE: [Xen-users] Building and Installing Xen 4.3 in Fedora11

To: "Fasiha Ashraf" <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Building and Installing Xen 4.3 in Fedora11
From: "James Dingwall" <james.dingwall@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 13:33:47 +0100
Delivery-date: Mon, 17 Aug 2009 05:34:36 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Everything has done successfully but when I boot the kernel with xen  it will
restart the system  after loading some xen modules without giving any error
message.
what could be the problem. Also i found some issue with manual grub entry at
the end of the whole process. where we specify the boot partition
root=/dev/mapper/VolGroup01/vg_fedora11 ro
I don't find the vg_fedora11 on the given path.
Is it compulsory to have logical volumes like VolGroup01 to boot xen??

The path to your root device looks wrong to me.  On my systems /dev/mapper
contains devices <vgname>-<lvname>, these are also available as
/dev/<vgname>/<lvname>.  What you have above seems to be a combination of the
two, although it could be Fedora generates the device names according to
different rules than my system.  Perhaps what you need is
/dev/vg_fedora11/roolv which I think are the default names from the FC11
install.  If you get a shell during the boot you should be able to poke around
under /dev to find the appropriate name.  Volume Group and Logical Volume names
are arbitrary with no forced convention on naming.

If the system restarts too quickly to read the console you'll probably need to
capture the output via a serial console.  You could also try the noreboot xen
parameter (http://wiki.xensource.com/xenwiki/XenBooting).