RE: [Xen-users] windows 2008 x64 no cdrom.

To: "Robbie Garrett" <rgarrett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] windows 2008 x64 no cdrom.
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 15 Aug 2009 09:32:15 +1000
Delivery-date: Fri, 14 Aug 2009 16:33:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> My issue here is that when trying to boot from .iso image to install
windows
> 2008 r2, I get message saying
>
> "A required cd/dvd drive device driver is missing".  Where can I get
this
> driver?

So the CD/DVD is detected by the BIOS and Windows starts booting, but
then later gives you the error message?

That really shouldn't happen as as far as Windows is concerned it's just
a standard IDE CDROM device that has been supported since the dawn of
time.

Windows 2008R2 is basically Windows 7 Server, so you are obviously
trailblazing here. Maybe there is a problem with the IDE CDROM emulation
that is only affecting Windows 7 / 2008R2. Maybe if you re-post and ask
if anyone is running Windows 2008 R2 x64 successfully you might get a
response (you omitted the R2 from the subject line).

Also, you need to say what version of Xen you are using. If there were
any bugs in previous versions that caused this sort of problem they may
well have been fixed in more recent versions.

Your config looks fine btw.

James