RE: [Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers BlueScreening

To: "Gavin Conway" <gavin.conway@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Windows PV Drivers BlueScreening
From: "James Harper" <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 20:51:22 +1000
Delivery-date: Wed, 05 Aug 2009 03:52:06 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> So I've got a Windows Server 2003 Standard server running under Xen.
As soon
> as I install the meadowcourt.org drivers 1 of 2 things happen;
>
> 1) They install without issue but the CDRom drive disappears

I haven't investigated that but you aren't the first person to report
it. An upgrade to xen 3.4.x would fix it.

> 2) They cause the server to bluescreen on reboot

That is caused by the drivers not installing correctly, specifically the
xenvbd driver not getting installed when it should. If you go into
device manager and rescan, or just search for new hardware it should
install.

James