RE: [Xen-users] Bonding...again

To: "Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Bonding...again
From: Jonathan Bayles <jbayles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 00:18:17 -0400
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Tue, 04 Aug 2009 21:19:02 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Take a look at these configs and the brctl command...(XXXX = vlan tag)

[root@pnode006 /]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0.XXXX
DEVICE=eth0.XXXX
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=yes
VLAN=yes
BRIDGE=brXXXX

[root@pnode006 /]# cat /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-brXXXX
DEVICE=brXXXX
TYPE=Bridge
BOOTPROTO=static
ONBOOT=YES
DELAY=0
STP=off

[root@pnode006 /]# brctl show
brXXXX          8000.001ec9fd2360       no              vif3.0
                                                        eth0.XXXX vif = [
"mac=YY:YY:YY:YY:YY:YY,bridge=brXXXX" ]

Basically,

Create a sub interface off your bond, configure it to do the tagging, create a
bridge for the tagged traffic, add the interface onto a "port" on the bridge.
Add the guest onto the bridge using a vif.

Subint <---- brctl bridge ----> guest vif