[Xen-users] GLX in PV domU

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] GLX in PV domU
From: SZABO Zsolt <szazs@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 12:14:07 +0200 (CEST)
Delivery-date: Wed, 22 Jul 2009 03:16:15 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xen-3.2.1
kernel-2.6.18
dom0 x64 (Dual-Core AMD Opteron(tm) Processor 8220)
domU 32bit: 2.6.18 kernel debian 5.0 (lenny) on lvm partitions

The domU was created by xen-create-image from xen-tools.

Inside the domU I have installed the X related packages
(xfce4, gdm, etc.) with aptitude.

Now, when I login via "ssh -X", I can start xclock and other X applications, but when trying to start glxgears or glxinfo I get:
$ glxgears
libGL: XF86DRIGetClientDriverName: 4.0.1 r200 (screen 0)
libGL: OpenDriver: trying /usr/lib/dri/r200_dri.so
glxgears: ../../src/xcb_io.c:461: _XRead: Assertion `dpy->xcb->reply_data != 0' failed.
Aborted

What is missing? Or is it possible to use OpenGL applications (remotely) inside a domU at all?

Btw. has anybody here experience with *remote* (not xen related) OpenGL apps? I usually face two kinds of message:

libGL error: open DRM failed (Operation not permitted)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

or

libGL error: open XF86DRIAuthConnection failed (Operation not permitted)
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering
(but in this case the application seems to run...)

--
Zsolt