[Xen-users] Re: Lenny DomU crash!

To: Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [Xen-users] Re: Lenny DomU crash!
From: Ferenc Wagner <wferi@xxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 02:21:26 +0200
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 17:22:14 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Simon Hobson <linux@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> I'm getting the same thing - DomU runs fine for weeks or months, but
> then our monitoring system tells us it's down. From the outside, it's
> 'dead' - doesn't respond to pings or anything. From Dom0 we can
> connect to the console (xm console <guestname>) and get the last few
> pages of output - but there's nothing unusual logged (just a load of
> Shorewall log lines which is normal). The guest is absolutely dead to
> the console as well.
>
> xentop reports that teh guest is taking 100% cpu.
>
> All I can do is kill it and restart it.
>
> Almost all my guests are Debian Lenny, installed with debbootstrap and
> then cloned. Some have never done it (yet !), others have done it two
> or three times over the last few months.
>

> Dom0 runs 2.6.18-6-xen-686
> Guests run 2.6.18-5-xen-vserver-686 or 2.6.18-6-xen-686 - both have
> guests that have never crashed, both have guests that have.

See http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.comp.emulators.xen.devel/55056/ for
a workaround.  I also encountered this problem
(http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-07/msg00659.html)
however, my guest are running the stock Lenny kernel (2.6.26).
--
Feri.