[Xen-users] NVIDIA, 2.6.30.1 patches, PV_OPS and Xen 3.4.1

To: Boris Derzhavets <bderzhavets@xxxxxxxxx>, xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] NVIDIA, 2.6.30.1 patches, PV_OPS and Xen 3.4.1
From: Michael Ralston <michael@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 17 Jul 2009 11:26:17 +1000
Delivery-date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 18:34:10 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I now have xen 3.3 with kernel 2.6.29.6 running smoothly, but still no
nvidia X11.

The files you have listed there are for the nvidia framebuffer console
driver, not the proprietary X windows nvidia binary drivers. Do you
have any nvidia-glx packages installed? Also does your xorg logs show
the nvidia proprietary driver being loading including glx? Can you
enable desktop effects or use applications which require GL
extensions?

In regards to the 2.6.30.1 patches, I'm a bit confused as to what
needed to be changed in what way with the whole SPARSE_IRQ thing. I've
talked to people on irc and I'm not alone in this confusion. Maybe you
could blog on those changes, be a bit more verbose about which lines
need to be changed in which way?

I've also been trying the pv_ops kernel with xen 3.4.1, and it's been
freezing when I shutdown a open solaris guest. I've also found that
for some reason when I xm create a dom with soundhw specified, the
qemu-dm logs tell me that soundhw is an invalid option with xen 3.4.1.
For these reasons I've switched back to xen 3.3.

I probably should have split this email up into a couple of separate
emails. My apologies.

-- Michael