[Xen-users] Xen Save File - VM's memory image

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Xen Save File - VM's memory image
From: Amin Firoozshahian <aminf13@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:50:43 -0700
Delivery-date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 12:51:21 -0700
Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=gamma; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:date:message-id:subject :from:to:content-type:content-transfer-encoding; bh=hYURPseAQGcLk5rMu0g+xnyUJSpoNGJE7ThvCecDo+k=; b=ZyN9mBvKZesSelKOdjEgHTT2BopWXVQ+8cY9oQpjeXsFKsUNg/lcW5kd7DMYmuJBvJ TnQciuhdEkrrWnRiT4agU4XM/OVmv3xF4ser1LX6K+C/sEwDigVGbUShEeWVDgeh3InL 8hRMlhYZrqFrnyYwuR5+hb3eEgZ5NUh+jdVmI=
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
 Hi,

I'm experimenting with a few VMs and I need to have access to the contents
of the VMs (physical) memory that is written in the save file. I read
on the mailing archives that there's no documentation on the save file
format (right?). I was wondering can anyone help me by pointing me to
the location in the save file that is the start of VM's memory image
(e.g. X byes from the beginning/end of the file). The following:

http://lists.xensource.com/archives/html/xen-devel/2009-06/msg00839.html

 mentions that someone there are a set of tools for
parsing the save file. Would it be possible to have access to
those tools and use them to extract the contents of the VM's memory?

 Thanks,
 Amin