RE: [Xen-users] Hotplugging SCSI device to Windows 2k3 GOS

To: James Harper <james.harper@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: [Xen-users] Hotplugging SCSI device to Windows 2k3 GOS
From: "Velayudhan, Vinu" <Vinu.Velayudhan@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 18:50:16 -0600
Accept-language: en-US
Acceptlanguage: en-US
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 17:51:23 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi James,

Looks like I am missing something in my test setup.

I have tried gplpv_fre_wnet_x86_0.10.0.69.msi. But with these drivers I am not even seeing a hot plug event in Windows GOS when I run the xm scsi-attach in Dom0. With the WinGPLPV-0.9.x, I used to get a hot plug event in Windows.

Do I need start any specific component/module in Xen, before hot plugging? I tried this with a Xen 3.3.1 and with fresh Windows GOS image which didn’t had any preinstalled GPL drivers.

Thanks,

VinuV