[Xen-users] Building binaries from Xen sources

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Building binaries from Xen sources
From: Richard Bowser <bowser.richard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 13:14:43 -0600
Delivery-date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:15:49 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I'm a Xen newbie experiencing completely repeatable and nearly identical failures in building Xen from 3.4.0 source distributions on two newly installed systems.  System 1 is my personal Ubuntu 9.04 development system at my home.  System 2 is a Fedora Core 10 system at my school, dedicated for my Xen research.  I've found it useful to compare symptoms under FC10 with symptoms under Ubuntu 9.04.  Both systems exhibit essentially the same failure:  Building linux kernal images fails in both systems because gpg (is that GNU Privacy Guard?) rejects my painstakingly downloaded linux-2.6.18 kernal, complaining: "gpg: Can't check signature: public key not found".  This failure persists in both systems, using both public wideband Internet at home and my school's wideband Internet service there.  I usually have no downloading problems in either place, and I cannot accept repeatable and identical failures as purely random happenstance.

Is there ANY documentation regarding use of gpg file-checking in kernal building for Xen?  I want to enable gpg to find that public key.  Preliminary GNU Privacy Guard investigation suggests I must somehow get the correct public key onto my "keyring".  Does this make sense?

-Rich B.