[Xen-users] xen dom0 not reclaiming free'd memory

Subject: [Xen-users] xen dom0 not reclaiming free'd memory
From: John Calderon <jcalderon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:51:41 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 09 Jul 2009 17:52:37 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello:

I have situation with xen 3.2.1 kernel 2.6.26-2 where when I shutdown a VM neither the OS or dom0 sees the free'd memory.

I've searched around and dont see anything related.  Am I missing some config option or something? my /etc/xen/xend-config.sxp is set to
(dom0-min-mem 196)

Regards,

John Calderon

IODA, Sr Systems Admin

539 Bryant Street, Suite 303

San Francisco, CA   94107

office: 415.375.3250

jcalderon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.iodalliance.com

This message contains information which may be confidential and privileged.  Unless you are the addressee (or authorized to receive for the addressee), you may not use, copy or disclose to anyone the message or any information contained in the message. If you have received the message in error, please advise the sender by reply e-mail and delete the message, thank you.

jer jer wrote:
Hi everybody,

I'm very interested in some features promised in xen 3.4.
One of them is the support for PV USB.

So, I've installed/compiled/installed a xen 3.4 (testing) hypervisor and then I've launched a PV domU (using pygrub).
But all my google searches were useless to find any piece of info on how to enable and test this functionnality.

Is this really implemented? If yes, has somebody ever succeeded to use it.

Basically, I'd like to boot my domU then plug a USB stick and mount it on domU.

If I understand well, this should not need any passthrough operation. So I imagine that a specific line must be added on domU's configuration file.

Any help appreciated!

Have a nice day.

Jérémie