Re: [Xen-users] intermittent domU network problems

JimBow-2 wrote:

> sven waeyenbergh wrote:
>> i also had troubles with networking in xen.
>> These problems disappeared after i disabled TX cheksums on the virtual
>> domain:
>>
>> ethtool -K eth0 tx off
> Thanks for the pointer, I'm gonna give it a try and report back with the
> results.
>
> And by the way, this doesn't disable TX checksums, it only disables
> checksum offloading onto the network card.
>
> Thanks all,
>

> JimBow

Did you ever discover the cause / solution to this problem? We've
experienced something similar on a couple of our domUs (although only around
once every 4 months across around 20 domUs on 3 hosts). Our setup is using
debian etch for the dom0 and domU and it's running the default xen 3.0
packages provided with etch. The hardware is Dell PE860s.

Thanks

Alex