[Xen-users] domU Kernel Options

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] domU Kernel Options
From: Christoph Eicke <christoph.eicke@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 6 Jul 2009 11:42:37 +0200
Delivery-date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 02:43:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi,

I have setup Xen 3.2-1 under Debian Lenny. Debian traditionalle used an initrd style boot process, hence the dom0 and domU kernel both rely on an initrd to be there. Now I would like to build a kernel that doesn't require an initrd for booting (specifically to use boot Gentoo). What Kernel options do I need to enable/disable to be able to boot into my Gentoo image (acquired from failtime.org) without having to go through initrd?

Thanks,
Christoph
--
Christoph Eicke
Bachelor of Engineering (B. Eng.)

freiheit.com technologies gmbh
Straßenbahnring 22 / 20251 Hamburg, Germany
fon +49 (0)40 / 890584-0
fax +49 (0)40 / 890584-20
HRB Hamburg 70814

E785 FFDC 18A4 85D2 5770  0E7C A274 F0A7 4D5A 5F77
Geschäftsführer: Claudia Dietze, Stefan Richter, Jörg Kirchhof