Re: [Xen-users] Driver/Backend Domains

To: Fasiha Ashraf <feehapk@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Driver/Backend Domains
From: Matthew Mallozzi <matt.mallozzi@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:58:33 -0700
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Fri, 03 Jul 2009 19:59:29 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
No luck, but thanks for the tip - I did only have 8 before, and now I'm up to 256.

Is anyone familiar with the execution path of xm block-attach, so that I might be able to trace what's going on and where it's failing? I've followed it through the source until xm sends the request to xend, and that's where I lose it.

Fasiha Ashraf wrote:
"Error: Device 51744 (vbd) could not be connected. Hotplug
scripts not working.", which is quite vague."

You might have smaller no of loopback devices in your domain. By the default there are only 8 loops available. but you can increase the limit up to 256 max this way:-
1- Add this line to /etc/modprobe.conf
    options loop max_loop=256
2- The other way is to add 'loop' to /etc/modules
     and add the same above mentioned option in /etc/modprobe.d/options

Regards,
Fasiha Ashraf