[Xen-users] Determining where a DomU lives?

To: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [Xen-users] Determining where a DomU lives?
From: Dave Paper <david.paper@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 09:53:08 -0400
Delivery-date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 07:22:22 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Greetings,

Long time xen-user archives lurker, but can't find any references to this. Lots of stuff about moving files between domU's and dom0's, but no discussion about how to determine which dom0 to work with.

I'm currently stumbling through the xenstore bits (not getting very dar), but haven't figured out how to programatically retrieve the hostname of a dom0 from inside of a domU.

Is it possible to figure out what the hostname (or IP address) of the dom0 that a domU currently lives on?

Thanks folks,

-dave

--
Dave Paper              System Architect                dpaper@xxxxxxxxxxxx

"If you must build your company on smoke and mirrors, it is vitally important to remember the mirrors" --Rob 2009