Re: [Xen-users] Xen-dom0 kernel compilation in fedora 9

On Tue, Jun 16, 2009 at 4:34 PM, Sreeharsha
Totakura<sreeharsha.totakura@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Pallab,
>
> The problem was with mercurial executable. I didn't have mercurial 'hg' in
> my computer and the 'make dist' needs a linux-2.6.18-xen.hg repository to
> compile the kernel. I installed mercurial and the compilation is going on
> now. Thanks.
>
> The Xen 3.3.1 downloads page http://www.xen.org/download/index_3.3.1.html
> is bit confusing for me. Can anyone tell me the difference between the two
> download packages (linux-2.6.18-xen-3.3.0 and xen-3.3.1) listed in the page
> apart from the size? The README documentation of those packages seem to be
> the same for both.

linux-2.6.18-xen-3.3.0 should be the xenified linux kernel. If you
don't have (or don't want to have) hg installed, you could download,
extract, and rename the resulting directory to linux-2.6.18-xen.hg.
That should allow kernel build without hg installed (at least that
worked for 3.4.0).

--
Fajar