Re: [Xen-users] problem with virsh attach-device on xen3.4

To: Pallab Chakrabarty <pchakrabarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] problem with virsh attach-device on xen3.4
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 20:04:42 +0700
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Thu, 11 Jun 2009 06:05:26 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 7:12 PM, Pallab
Chakrabarty<pchakrabarty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> No device created at /dev/etherd/ .. even no folder as “etherd”
>
> aoe-stat return nothing ..

If you're talking about domU, then it's normal. Whatever the block
device is on dom0 (/dev/etherd/*, /dev/mapper/*, etc.) domU sees only
/dev/xvda (or whatever you tell it to be).

> $virsh attach-device i-484A07FA ./test.xml
> error: Failed to attach device from ./test.xml
> error: POST operation failed: xend_post: error from xen daemon: (xend.err
> 'Device 2160 (vbd) could not be connected. /dev/etherd/e0.1 does not
> exist.')

> <source dev='/dev/etherd/e0.2'/>

I'd start by looking at this. The error says /dev/etherd/e0.1 while
your xml says otherwise.
You could also try using "xm block-attach", which is simpler.

> <target dev='sdh'/>

When everything works correctly, it should appear as /dev/sdh on domU.

--
Fajar