Re: [Xen-users] Xend stopped unexpectedly

Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Xend stopped unexpectedly
From: Adam Wilbraham <adam.wilbraham@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 11:27:08 +0100
Cc: Xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Wed, 10 Jun 2009 03:27:24 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 10/06/09 10:24, Tapio Salonsaari wrote:
Basically the question I'm after is that is it even possible (or perhaps
even normal) that xend is killed by the kernel if memory runs out? And
is it possible to recover domU's and the rest of the system properly
when xend dies on the fly?

Its certainly possible - in extreme low memory situations the Linux OOM killer will just look for a process consuming the most memory and destroy it to free up memory.