Re: [Xen-users] Making system templates

To: "Olivier B." <xen.list@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] Making system templates
From: Jeff Williams <jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 09 Jun 2009 13:44:15 +0800
Cc: xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Delivery-date: Mon, 08 Jun 2009 22:44:54 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On 08/06/09 22:42, Olivier B. wrote:
Hi,

about LVM : one the big advantages of LVM is the resize... "lvresize" on Dom0, then (for ext3/ext4) resize2fs in DomU.

This is good for normal lvs, but it seems that snapshots will always have the same size as the original disk (which makes some sense). But this means for me that I can't use lvm snapshot to provision a new server from a lv template if the disk size is possibly going to change at sometime in the future.

Regards,
Jeff