Re: [Xen-users] With network-route on domU I can ping but nothing else

To: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [Xen-users] With network-route on domU I can ping but nothing else works
From: "Fajar A. Nugraha" <fajar@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 6 Jun 2009 17:50:58 +0700
Delivery-date: Sat, 06 Jun 2009 03:51:39 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
On Sat, Jun 6, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Michele<ftf@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've always used Xen with bridging without any issues, but now, due to
> security concerns I need to use routing.

What are your security concerns?
I find network-route is too much hassle, so I use network-bridge on
every host. The network setup on dom0 is similar to that of a switch
with upstream trunk connections and multiple vlans. If (security-wise)
you can live with trunks and vlans on switches, you should also be
able to use it on dom0.

Note that you can also add routing/NAT on top of bridge setup, which
makes dom0 networking similar to that of a L3 switch/router.

--
Fajar