AW: AW: [Xen-users] Debian Kernel and Xen 3.4

To: Jeff Williams <jeffw@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Christoph Kaminski <mangel@xxxxxx>
Subject: AW: AW: [Xen-users] Debian Kernel and Xen 3.4
From: Carsten Schiers <carsten@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 4 Jun 2009 14:38:18 +0200
Cc: Xen User-List <xen-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Delivery-date: Thu, 04 Jun 2009 05:39:16 -0700
Sender: xen-users-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In the past I used Debian Etch Xen 3.2-1 with the Bastian Blank (waldi) kernels.
I noticed some problems with MSI handling in that combination. As Debian kernels
and Xen builds created problems for me with respect to powermanagement (time
went
backwards), I changed to the Xen kernel.

So that was the basis of my guess, when I read that someones using a Debian
kernel
and an MSI based error message occured. By the option - as explained - you
switch
that off and use GSI instead.

For me, I will check in one of the next steps, whether I can use my 4th PCI
slot,
that up to MSI support shared GSI IRQ with the PCIe slots that now have their
own
MSI.

BR,
Carsten.